Photo/Film Shoot Blat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo/Film Shoot Blat

Doug and I have been discussing a photo/video shoot blat (probably Decker Canyon/Malibu) with a writer for the www.jalopnik.com auto blog web site for a story about Sevens. Tentatively this will happen Feb. 3rd. Unfortunately Doug may not be available and I thought it would be more attractive publishing pictures of a Sevens group than of a lone Birkin.

Anybody else willing to polish the car and show up (no details yet about time)?

Gert

I would like to, but I work the first Saturday of the month, and Feb. 3 is it. Let me know if the date changes though.

Stan

Comment

I don't have a seven, but I would like to meet you guys. Please let me know where you guys gonna be so I can show up...:)

Comment

And just what, pray tell, would I polish?:D
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden
          And just what, pray tell, would I polish?:D
          I would never suggest that you destroy the seasoned look and well earned patina of your car....

Comment

So how did it go? Looked like the weather was perfect!

Comment

Yes, pretty good. I met Jonny Lieberman in Calabasas then went out to Decker Canyon and back. It turned out to be not that serious because in the meantime he changed jobs from Jalopnik.com to the "Inside Line" of Edmunds.com . Anyway, a good excuse for another Maliblat. I am not sure if he is going to use some of the pics that he made of my Seven next to his monster F250 he was test driving.

Otherwise the drive went well except when a botched U-turn back into Decker Canyon landed me with one front wheel behind a little berm that I saw too late. My attempt to pull back only got the mud flap sucked in under the wheel resulting in bent wing stays and the wing rubbing on the wheel.

Very embarrassing.

Anyway, the LSD helped me force my way out of the situation. Another 15 minute exercise was to remove the wheel and wing, use the jack and carefully measured kicks to realign the wing stay tubing, put everything back on and keep going.

Sometimes it really helps to have the boot full of tools :)

Gert
              Attached Files
              Last edited by slomove; February 5, 2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Looks like the article was posted:

http://jalopnik.com/cars/test-drives...yon-234223.php

The car looks great! Someone spent some serious time with the buffer!

Stan

Comment

Well, the article came out pretty nice. I was a little concerned becoming the butt of some bad jokes about driving skills and street legal carts or something.

I hope it will fuel other people's interest in our weird hobby.

Gert

Comment

Yea, I thought the article was pretty good. Not sure what it says about Gerts driving though! ;) Actually I saw the picture of Gert next to the front wing and thought to myself "What is that? - that looks like a wreck". :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gert, hope there was not too much damage! I would have been stranded...as I don't carry many tools with me (I do keep a tow strap in the boot though!).
                    Tom "ELV15" Jones
                    http://PIErats.com

Comment

Looks worse than it was. I only had to take the wing off, jack it up, remove the wheel, support the car front with the wheel so that I could take the jack away, and use the latter with the lug nut socket to bend the wing bracket tube back into shape. That means, actually only 4 tools required.

But I learned not to try rolling backward across an obstacle when the mud flaps are getting in the way.

Gert

Comment

Working...
                      X