Blat This Weekend? (1/13 or 1/14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blat This Weekend? (1/13 or 1/14)

Anybody interested? Not sure yet where but that may depend on who is coming out to play....

Gert

Gert

Maybe on Sunday.

AROSC is having a Time Trial at Willow Springs on the big track, I am not going.

http://www.arosc.org/

Doug

Comment

I'm interested, and Sunday is probably best. Victorville's projected low temp Saturday morning is 15 degrees, but a better 20 degrees Sunday morning. So let's go somewhere warm..... Hawaii? ;)

Stan

Comment

O.K., Sunday then....

Maybe Doug and Stan can toss a coin if we do the Malibu area or Big Bear. I go anywhere.....even the Ridge Road. Something new and exciting might be a cruise through Southeast LA :)

Hawaii is probably not an option. Weather forecast is rain almost anywhere :(

Gert

Comment

The trip up Angeles Crest was full of rocks.

Big Bear might be the same.

Between the rocks that had fallen on the road and the cinders put down when icy, not worth the drive.

Parts of Big Tujunga were fine. Just the higher elevations were a problem.

The road to Hana would be OK if we can get it free of the tourists.

A drive to Haleakala, might get us above the rain.

Doug

Comment

I'd recommend against Wrightwood/Big Bear mountain areas. I took a drive up to Crestline last Sunday and hit lots of icy patches, plus they had put down tons of cinders so my car was full of this gravel by the time I got home. I wouldn't mind Glendora Ridge Rd. as I haven't been on it since Gert lost his bonnet! I'm open to other suggestions too.

Stan

Edit - Didn't see Doug's reply till after I posted, but good to see we are in agreement!

Comment

Originally posted by soareyes
              I wouldn't mind Glendora Ridge Rd. as I haven't been on it since Gert lost his bonnet!
              Stan, just rub it in.....better to loose the bonnet than the marbles :)

Comment

Why Angeles Crest is still closed - fixed pic

I came across this pic showing Angeles Crest's condition. Repair here isn't expected to start till spring of 2008:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by soareyes; January 11, 2007, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Really strange with the pic. I can not see the embedded picture in the post but the url with MS Explorer and nothing at all with the Firefox browser.

Anyway, I looked up the picture in a separate window and the Crest Hwy. is indeed quite bad. No Sunday morning breakfast in Wrightwood anytime soon except for the long way.

As for the Sunday Blat: Should we do another Mt. Baldy run? We could go up from Azusa Ave. through the San Gabriel River Canyon, East Fork and Ridge Road to Mt. Baldy and return via Glendora Mountain Road which is some very excellent 65 miles.

Gert

Comment

I think I know what the problem is with the picture - I copied it off Pashnit.com, which is now a pay site, and of course I was logged in at the time. Anyone else trying to view the picture is probably blocked (but I can see it in my post right now!). Edit - fixed pic

Anyway, your suggestion for the Baldy Blat is fine with me. Can you suggest a meeting time and place, depending on who else is coming?

Stan
                    Last edited by soareyes; January 11, 2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Maybe not too early....I just looked up the hourly forecast (for Saturday) supposedly sunny and by 10 am it should have warmed up to a whopping 27F for Mt. Baldy and 44F in Santa Clarita (as a comparison).

Now, where is that down jacket again.....

Gert

Comment

Sometimes I'm glad I didn't remove the heater! :)
                        At least my right kneecap will be toasty warm, if nothing else.

Comment

I'm am only a maybe at this point.

Doug

Comment

There's a light dusting of snow visible on the south-facing side of the San Gabriels this morning, which would indicate snow on the north facing side naturally. Not only brrrr. Be careful up there - it could be icy in spots.

Listen to your mother: Do yer chores 1st thing tomorrow boys, then you can go play outside when it's warmer.
                            Chris
                            ------------
                            A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

weekend blat

I'd love to join you but I decided to cut my hand open and sever the tendons to my finger yesterday! am heading of to have it repaired today, hope to heal soon and be back behind the wheel, wish me luck. Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X