Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year end or first Blat of the year?

Anyone up for one?

Last year Gert and I started at Angeles Crest in La Canada to Ojai via Palmdale and Fraiser Park.

About 275 miles of twisty roads. Delightful.

Gert will be out of the country or some other lame excuse for not being able to make this year.

We could go the other direction or let Stan pick as he has been very willing to drive this way.

If we started New Years eve and drove all night it could be both!

Doug

That is not fair, I am sitting here in muddy cold weather, eating lots of unhealthy food....but maybe we can do another blat early January...??

Gert

Comment

Originally posted by slomove
      That is not fair, I am sitting here in muddy cold weather, eating lots of unhealthy food....but maybe we can do another blat early January...??

Gert
      Well hopefully the beer is still as good as I remember!

I would love to do a blat, but I'll be in Reno visiting my father during Christmas week till the 28th, then down to Anaheim New Year's weekend to visit the in-laws. I wouldn't mind taking the Birkin to Anaheim and sneaking out for a blat, but that would be risking the marriage and inheritance ;). So, I'm up for anything after the New Years!

Stan

Comment

Sorry Doug but I can't get one in either. Just got back and lots of backed up tasks to do.
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Chis

Are you back for awhile or just the holidays?

It doesn't have to be a long blat, a short one will do.

Gert

A January blat will be OK too.

Doug

Comment

I might be in for satarday morning, there'e usually a small gathering at the theater parking near starbucks in la canada in the early a.m. how about meeting there around 8 a.m and going to newcombs and back via big tujunga? Steve

Comment

Steve

Are we talking about Saturday the 23rd?

Can you give more explicit directions to the Starbucks?

Anyone else up for it?

Doug

Comment

no blat for me

Sorry guys, it's too far south for me!
                Tom "ELV15" Jones
                http://PIErats.com

Comment

Doug, it's at the intersection of the 210 and 2 freeways, it's a theater with a couple of places to eat and a starbucks, directly under the freeway junction

Comment

Are you back for awhile or just the holidays?
                    Work up north's done. Whew. It's nice to see the sun again:)
                    Chris
                    ------------

Comment

Steve

Please confirm we are on for tomorrow AM.

If confirmed, I'll be there around 8 AM.

You can reach me by phone at 805-498-7771.

Thanks.

Doug

Comment

Doug, it's at the intersection of the 210 and 2 freeways, it's a theater with a couple of places to eat and a starbucks, directly under the freeway junction
                        You can't really get to that Buck too easily. The exit from the 210 eastbound is Ocean View. Then south to Honolulu, then east through the light at Verdugo, up the hill and the entry's on your left. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is at O.V. at Honolulu - that'd be less messing around and quicker back to the 210 to get to the 2. And the coffee's better. I can't blat w/ you all but you will find me there having a coffee prior to your heading out, if you choose to go there. You'll find me there at about 7:30 - 8:00, maybe even w/ the 7 :D

Otherwise there's also the Buck at Gould (1st exit past the 2 from the eastbound 210, turn right at the end of the offramp on your left 100 yards along - you can't miss it) that's pretty easy, both on and off.
                        Chris
                        ------------

Comment

Ok, so I'll try to be there by 7:30 ish and if Steve is not there go look at the other place for him.

Unless he says otherwise.

Doug

Comment

I just thout that meeting at the theater might be nice with the small gathering of car guys, usually a cobra or two some jags, and the usuall hot rods. I'm going to be there around 7:45ish and will hang around till a little after 8:30, if I miss you i"ll head down the street to montrose. Steve

Comment

I'll be there.

Feel free to call if you don't spot me right away.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X