Holiday Emergency Blat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Emergency Blat

Doug and I are planning for an impromptu blat Friday morning. Traffic should be modest, temperature nice and cool around 67 degrees, some clouds, later sunny. Looks like a perfect opportunity.

Time around 8.30 meeting at trafffic light of Osborne Road/Foothill (Osborne exit of the 210 Fwy), going to Santa Clarita, Bouquet Canyon, Spunky Canyon, Elizabeth Lake Road, Lake Hughes Rd. and back home by noon.

Anybody else interested?

Gert

I can make it, but I'm not sure where the meeting place is?

Stan

Comment

You drive west on 210 past Pasadena and La Canada and across the Big Tujunga bridge. The second exit after that is for Hansen Dam recreation area and Osborne Street (Osborne is the beginning of little Tujunga Road). Make a right from the ramp and soon after a left turn at the traffic light. This is the meeting point.

Gert

Comment

Great, I'll be there!
        We can compare clonking noises too ;)
        (catching up on emails as I have been out of town this last week)

Stan

Comment

Dang, I'm gonna be out in the desert.

I've been contemplating a run that would start at Newcomb's, down on the north side through Valyermo, back up to Wrightwood, cross the 15 and then up to big Bear. There's very little straight road in that route. It would definitely be an ALL day trip.

What do you guys think, too much?

I don't have any particular date in mind.

Comment

Squarefour,
            Since I live in Victorville, the route you describe is pretty much my standard weekend drive, done in parts. I'll either drive from Victorville up to Wrightwood, then on over to Newcomb's ranch, or from Victorville up to Crestline by back roads, then over to Big Bear, down to Lucerne and home. I don't think I've done the whole route at once though, but am willing anytime!
            It will be nice when (or if?) they get Angeles Crest Hwy open again so it will be a loop instead of an out-and-back trip.
            So let me know when you want to do this, and we can probably talk Gert into it too.
            Stan

Comment

Great blat with great weather and very little traffic. I did 275 miles by the time I got home! Here's a pic of a stop somewhere on Little Tujunga:
              (Rob with his friend Dan, Doug, Gert, and myself)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by soareyes; November 24, 2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Great drive, nice roads, as usual :)

Thanks all for coming out to play!

Gert

Comment

Working...
                X