5th annual Nor Cal Sevens picnic and blat - 2016 August 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th annual Nor Cal Sevens picnic and blat - 2016 August 27

At the Peppertree picnic area in Vasona Park in Los Gatos, CA (same place as last year).

Attendees:
    • me
    • GWise
    • Michael Murphy
    • Doug Liedblad
    • jeremyclark
    • jhamlinx2
    • FerneyO
    • gparker
    • Dave L
    • johnh ?
    • mopho
    • Larry and Goya
    Last edited by Sean; August 24, 2016, 12:32 PM.
    | | Sean

Someone suggested we try to make this line up with NorCal Canepa Cars & Coffee. That is on a different Saturday than you have already reserved.

Is that possible? Is it a practical drive to from the picnic area?

Doug

Comment

Yes the drive is practical, as the Canepa facility is only 17 miles from the park via the freeway, and maybe an hour's blat going the 'fun' way. A Canepa pre-visit was suggested last year, but I don't think anybody showed up there; nobody replied on the thread, anyway. The 3rd Saturday in August is Monterey car week, so I would think on the 2nd Saturday Bruce would be shaking down all the cars he runs in the historic race events on that day, so there would be fewer cars on display - but I don't know that for sure. In prior years that I have attended the car week historic races, he had brought many trailers full of vintage artwork to thrash around Laguna, God bless him.

As mentioned in the first post above, the reservation has already been processed. It is possible to cancel it, but as of today, there is only one picnic area remaining that has not already been reserved for that weekend, and it has pretty much zero shade.
      | | Sean

Comment

The 2nd and 3rd week in August Canepa generally host an open house, actually. I think it's for prospective clients who may be in the area, but it's open to everyone. Several of the race cars will be at the track through those two weeks, but they always have a massive inventory of cars, regardless.

In any case - their showroom and motorsports museum would be open the weekend of the 27th and they have a catwalk so you can see the shop floor. You just won't be able to see his backroom (with the wall of cars) and won't be able to see several of the workshop areas in detail.

I'm planning to be there, Sean.

Comment

I will be there, with copilot Jocelyn. I'm up for the Canepa thing if the rest of y'all are interested.

Comment

The car I ride in has never made it 17 miles, without a flatbed anyhow.

Maybe I'll bring my own car.
            Last edited by Doug Liedblad; April 17, 2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

After a long break as a poor correspondent, I shall be back at this year's picnic....as a Seven owner. My Seven 480 is now built (build saga - and follow-up punchlist support request - to be shared separately!).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and joining the blat.
              2016 Seven 480 SV in Ballistic Orange

Comment

Jeff and I (Julie) will be driving over with Dave and Dot. Looking forward to it!
                Lucy Cate
                170 Roadsport SV

Comment

I'm in. Mine's the orange Westfield.

Comment

Digging this one up from the bottom of the pile...

If everyone's interested - I can contact Canepa to see if we may be able to get a tour for the group.

I'm crossing my fingers that my work schedule allows me to attend!

-Geoff

Comment

Want company?

Doug, I have a USC meeting finishing early evening Fri, Aug 26, if the scheduling can work and you want company, let me know... Would be fun to take the 7 but would want a week to do it in and enjoy the back roads :-). Rex

Comment

I'm not driving the 7 and may leave Thursday evening. Stopping along the way for some adventures on Friday.

Comment

It looks like I can make it this year to see how far I make it before I have my once a year break down, the rest of the year my yellow Birkin runs perfect. Dave L. P.S. Hey Doug 'ya want a ride? maybe I can make it 40 or 50 miles before it stops.

Comment

I'd definitely be interested, Geoff. I attempted one of the regular open days early this season and it was a madhouse - if they can take a smaller group it would be great to see the showroom!

Jeremy

Originally posted by GWise View Post
                            Digging this one up from the bottom of the pile...

If everyone's interested - I can contact Canepa to see if we may be able to get a tour for the group.

I'm crossing my fingers that my work schedule allows me to attend!

-Geoff
                            2016 Seven 480 SV in Ballistic Orange

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

No response from Canepa yet... I'll let you know if anything changes

Comment

Working...
                              X