Extended NorCal Blat End of June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended NorCal Blat End of June

No firm plans yet, but some budding ideas…. a weeklong drive last week of June through NorCal (the real Northern California) on roads I that are new to me and some nice ones that I know.
    Something like that (sorry, can't paste the Google map links, gives an error):
    6/25 – Trailer to Sonoma (or vicinity)
    6/26 – Sonoma-Oroville via Lake Berryessa, Hwy16, Lodoga
    6/27 – Oroville-Burney via Lake Almanor and Lassen NP
    6/28 - Burney-Weed via McArthur-Burney Falls, Lava Beds NM and around Shasta
    6/29 – Weed-Eureka via Gazelle-Callahan Rd and Forks of Salmon
    6/30 – maybe a day in Eureka
    7/1 – Eureka-Fort Bragg via Alderpoint Road and Hwy1 (Shoreline Hwy)
    7/2 – Fort Bragg-Sonoma via Orr Springs, Booneville-Ukiah and Skaggs Spring Roads
    7/3 or 7/4 Trailer back home to LA

Anybody interested in part or all of this trip?

Sounds like fun!

Comment

What a great idea for a trip, I just had a look at the route on a map.
      Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU

Comment

Hi Slo,
        I live in the area of the July section for your trip. If I mighty suggest you add in Branscomb Rd. (101 Laytonville to Hwy 1), Hwy 20 (Hwy 1 to 101 Willits) and/or Hwy 253 (101 Ukiah to 128 north or south). These are beautiful drives through the redwoods with lots of twisties. You could go down your choice, meet 101 or 1 then take the next road back.
        Waiting on my GBS Zero to be delivered for assembly, but could join you for some play time with the Factory Five roadster I finished last year, if that's convenient.
        Otherwise have a safe trip.
        Cheers, Marlin
        Willits, northern California
        GBS Zero GT ordered
        FFR roadster complete

Comment

Seems like it would be a great trip, but one that I cannot make, unfortunately. Enjoy!
          | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post
            Hi Slo,
            I live in the area of the July section for your trip.....
            Thanks Marlin, good recommendations and I think a FF roadster is weird enough to join :)

Originally posted by Sean View Post
            Seems like it would be a great trip, but one that I cannot make, unfortunately. Enjoy!
            Yes I hope it is a nice trip and early enough to be not so hot. Sorry that you can not come along.

Not totally sure yet but it looks like we can take off that time. I will start building a hotel list and post it here sometimes.

Comment

Looks like a great route. But I'm committed to running the Targa California only a couple weeks prior.

Have fun. ��
              EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
              '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
              '14 Evora
              '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

Originally posted by escondidoron View Post
                Looks like a great route. But I'm committed to running the Targa California only a couple weeks prior.

Have fun. ��
                Thanks Ron, I hope you have fun at the Targa as well. I have done one of their trips in 2012 and it was a great 3-day event. The organizer (Bozaglou?) had it all lined up. We even got a $250 award for craziest participant, driving an open car in hail and sleet in April on Naciemento-Ferguson Road. That said, most of the participants were of the Porsche Club and some are very aggressive drivers. One of them almost pushed me off the cliff in a botched passing maneuver (yes, sometime there comes a truck the opposite direction on lonely roads).

Comment

That looks like a fun route and quite a trip. It's hard enough for me to get out of the house for a half-day blat! If there's any chance you'd want to stop in the south bay, I could probably persuade my wife to take baby duty for a few hours.

Comment

Sorry to say...but work is getting in the way of the important stuff.

This trip is nixed but I will keep the route for a future trip.

GB

Comment

Originally posted by slomove View Post
                      Sorry to say...but work is getting in the way of the important stuff.
                      Almost wish I had that problem, between gigs at the moment as they say. Sorry to hear that the trip is nixed. I need some motivation to spend time in the seven.

Comment

Working...
                      X