Maliblat this Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maliblat this Sunday

This Sunday, October 17th, a few of us will gather at The Usual Place for a Maliblat. Gert, Mike Bedard, Doug Liedblad and I will be there.

The Usual Place is the intersection of Stunt Road and Schueren Road at 7 am. Breakfast with the Governator at The Rock Shop. All are welcome. Please post here if you plan to attend so we will know to look out for you.

Weather Alert

Hmm, weather forecast is rain or heavy rain Sunday morning :( I don't mind a drizzle but probably stay home if it is too heavy. Let's see....

Gert

Comment

Since when did it rain around her?

I'll do a weather check tomorrow evening and post an update. If rain is predicted, we should cancel.

Comment

Michael: Enjoy the Maliblat if it happens. Have a good and fun move to the north. I know that the bay area is a great place to live!! I'm hoping that a year or two out we can have a Caterham "Civil War" (North vs. South) at Lagune Seca, Buttonwillow or some track that is mutually attainable/agreeable. Please encourage our northern brethren to join us on this website so that we can all stay in touch and help each other where possible. All the best to you and your family---we'll miss ya down here :cry:

Comment

Not looking good, I guess I will just sleep in.....

RAINFALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ACROSS SAN LUIS OBISPO AND SANTA BARBARA
          COUNTIES THIS EVENING...SPREADING TO VENTURA AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES
          AROUND MIDNIGHT. PERIODS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE RAIN CAN BE EXPECTED
          THROUGH SUNDAY WITH THIS STORM SYSTEM...BUT LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN WILL
          BE POSSIBLE IF THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOP.

SINCE THIS WILL BE THE FIRST SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL OF THE SEASON...
          ROADS WILL BE VERY SLICK. MOTORISTS SHOULD REDUCE SPEED AND USE EXTRA
          CAUTION ON WET ROADS. THE RAIN COULD ALSO CAUSE SOME DEBRIS FLOW OR
          MUD SLIDES IN RECENTLY BURNED A

Comment

So, what is your point, Dr Gert?

I guess we should cancel tomorrow.

Maybe next weekend? I'll post again if I can make it...

Comment

Michael, I had the point in the subject line, the rest was just copied from the weather forecast...but I agree we should cancel.

Next week will not work for me: I am going to Infineon for the Festival :D
              No rain there, please :roll:

How long will you still be around? Would the following weekend be good? Would be a really scary Hallowblat.

Gert

Comment

Gert, I did work it out - my question was purely facetious.

I will be moving in the first week of November. A Halloblat may be on the cards.

Brad, thanks for your kind words. I will see if there is interest in a regular weekend run - essentially a Silicon Valley incarnation of the Maliblat which, inevitably, would be called the Siliblat.

Cheers.

Comment

"SILIBLAT": That's very funny and equally clever. You will be missed.... :(

Comment

You will be missed....
                    2nded.
                    Chris
                    ------------
                    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Working...
                    X