Wynola Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wynola Road

A few of us down in San Diego went up to Julian for breakfast this morning. Here is a little bit of video of Wynola Road. It was a fun drive.....Except for the angle of the sun!
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Looks wonderful! Thanks for posting.

Justin

Comment

It does look like a great drive! I may have driven that road once, but I'm not sure; I think I made a wrong turn and actually drove Witt Road. My friends sometimes say I don't know Witt from Wynola.
      | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
        It does look like a great drive! I may have driven that road once, but I'm not sure;
        Hi Sean;

Yes, you've driven that road before.
        EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
        '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
        '14 Evora

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

Great Video Ron. Thanks for sharing.

Where is your mic mounted, if you don't mind my asking?

Furthermore - is it difficult to get your nosecone off with those light? When I install my lights, I have no chance of getting the nosecone off.

Comment

Originally posted by GWise View Post
            Great Video Ron. Thanks for sharing.

Furthermore - is it difficult to get your nosecone off with those light? When I install my lights, I have no chance of getting the nosecone off.

I'm using a GoPro. I am not using an external mic, just the standard integral one in the camera. In this case I have the camera mounted to the lower left corner of the windscreen so that it is both out of my line of sight while driving and so that I can reach the shutter (ON / OFF) button while I'm strapped in. The camera is attached to the windshield via a standard GoPro suction cup mounting rig.

Is it difficult to get your nosecone off with those lights? When I install my lights, I have no chance of getting the nosecone off.
            My car has its original headlight stanchions and nose. When I first purchased the car I found it quite difficult to take the nacelle ON / OFF. And I didn't particularly like the fit either. My car was fully original as near as I can tell. After staring at the parts (bonnet, nacelle & headlights) for quite a while I very carefully trimmed the glassfibre to provide a tight radius clearance around the stanchion tubes where they exit from the chassis mounting screws. Now it fits just a bit lower and the bonnet to nacelle line is much better as well. The assembly now fits perfectly (to my mind at least). And the result is that there is just enough room to lift the nose cone to clear the stanchions and slide it ON / OFF without any interference. I will say it does require a bit (a very little bit) of attention when when doing this. It is possible to get hung up on the lower mounting tabs if you're not paying attention.
            EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
            '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
            '14 Evora

Comment

Looks and sounds like a great trip. I think I have some withdrawal symptoms. No Seven driving the last 3 weekends: looking for a new commute car, buying one (I have now that VW Battery Bunny) and then selling the old Honda Accord. Let me know if you are planning another trip, especially like that 2-day trip last year. I'll be down there in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by slomove View Post

No Seven driving the last 3 weekends: looking for a new commute car, buying one (I have now that VW Battery Bunny) and then selling the old Honda Accord.
                Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been traveling quite a bit for work and it's been difficult to squeeze in drive time. This is the first real blat of more that 25 miles in 6 weeks for me. all I've been able to do is the occasional blast up Highland Valley Road and back. That's about a 20 mile round trip.

Originally posted by slomove View Post

Let me know if you are planning another trip, especially like that 2-day trip last year. I'll be down there in a minute.
                I've got a route laid out for another trip. Actually a couple of them. One is an overnight and the other is a 2-nighter. I'm just struggling with my calendar. I haven't been able to put up a firm date more than a couple of weeks out since June. I'll post as soon as I can find a firm blank space. My work / life balance is totally screwed up. Good thing I love my work!
                EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
                '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
                '14 Evora

Comment

Working...
                X