NorCal Canepa Cars & Coffee -April 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorCal Canepa Cars & Coffee -April 11

Was just poking around the web and found that Canepa plans to continue the Cars & Coffee events in Scotts Valley, CA

Canepa Cars & Coffee

Looking for an excuse to hit the road? Starting April 11th, Canepa will open its doors (and parking lot) for a coffee-fueled celebration of all things automotive. Roll out your pride and joy and join your fellow lead foots for an amazing morning of classics, exotics, race cars, hot rods, and motorcycles. Canepa Cars & Coffee will take place from 8am-12pm on the second Saturday of the month through October. The perfect event for clubs, aficionados, and car crazies of all ages!
    Not sure I can make it this time but I went to a couple last year and they were fun. Perhaps we could plan a blat after.

I was just talking to Sean about heading up there for this. It's the first of the season, so I was going to try to get there closer to 8 to get a spot.

I have a limited amount of time, so I was hoping to take off a little bit early for a drive - maybe to boulder creek then down bear creek road?

Comment

I'm in.
      | | Sean

Comment

3 of us Ultralite owners are planning to go to the Club Autosport Cars & Caffeine on the same day. Surprising that both events have chosen the same day :(

We'll probably make the May one at Canepa once the weather warms up a bit. BTW Club AutoSport does have reserved parking so you can sign up before hand and dont have to get up at the crack of dawn to get there :)
        Last edited by rnr; April 6, 2015, 09:18 PM.
        V8 Stalker
        06 Elise
        02 Dodge Viper GTS
        16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Comment

They both seem to be the 2nd saturday of every month. I've only been to both of them once (n=1), but I prefer the atmosphere at Canepa's and the shop is above and beyond anything you will see at CAS.

I'm not sure if getting there early is really a necessity. It wasn't too busy last time, but it is the first event of the year and I need to take off a bit early to get home around lunch time. Are you sure we can't change your mind, Rahul? :)

Comment

Originally posted by GWise View Post
            I'm not sure if getting there early is really a necessity. It wasn't too busy last time, but it is the first event of the year and I need to take off a bit early to get home around lunch time. Are you sure we can't change your mind, Rahul? :)
            I'd like to but we had already made plans and got tickets to the AutoSport one before I saw this thread :-(

Since this will also be the first time I'm driving the car since Feb I'm going to stick with the shorter and later trip for now :-)
            V8 Stalker
            06 Elise
            02 Dodge Viper GTS
            16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Comment

Originally posted by rnr View Post
              ...got tickets to the AutoSport one...
              Tickets!?
              | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                Tickets!?
                Free tickets to hold a spot: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cars-and...ts-16303664700
                V8 Stalker
                06 Elise
                02 Dodge Viper GTS
                16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Comment

Originally posted by GWise View Post
                  So I drove ~50 miles today and nothing fell off which means Canepa is back on the table. What time are folks getting there?

Jim (blue Ultralite) and I will be there and hopefully we'll have Richard in a red Ultralite there as well.
                  V8 Stalker
                  06 Elise
                  02 Dodge Viper GTS
                  16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Comment

Would you like to meet at Canepa or cruise up 17 together? Would 7:30a be too early for everyone? That would put us at Canepa just after 8. Since it looks like we'll have a good turn out and you guys are coming from farther away, I'd be ok with getting there a bit later.

I would propose here:
                    Chevron
                    200 Los Gatos Saratoga Rd
                    Los Gatos, CA 95030

You can fill up and if you want to get there early you can stop in DT los gatos for coffee/breakfast.

I'm limited to cruising at 65mph, so I just wanted to through that caveat out there. I think Sean will have his son with him and will also be going relatively slow.

Here's the drive I propose afterwards...leaving around 10:30A
                    https://goo.gl/maps/Grxly
                    Last edited by GWise; April 10, 2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

7:30 is quite early but I guess I can do it - will ask the other two as well.

Can you go up the hill at 65?
                      V8 Stalker
                      06 Elise
                      02 Dodge Viper GTS
                      16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Comment

Originally posted by rnr View Post
                        Can you go up the hill at 65?
                        As the speed limit for most of that road is 50mph, and traffic is typically moving at around 70, somewhere around 60-65 would seem a practical compromise. In theory, anyway.
                        My son wants me to leave the aeroscreen on tomorrow, but that worries me to have him in the car on the freeway without the glass windscreen, even if it is only 2 or 3 miles of freeway.

edit -- should be pleasant weather tomorrow, so beach traffic over 17 will pick up significantly sometime after 8:00 a.m.
                        Last edited by Sean; April 10, 2015, 06:05 PM.
                        | | Sean

Comment

Jim and I will meet you at the gas station by 7:30
                          V8 Stalker
                          06 Elise
                          02 Dodge Viper GTS
                          16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Comment

65mph is 4000 rpm for me... :). I still need to fit larger diameter tires.

See you all there. Thanks for coming early!

Comment

We're planning on being at Chevron before 7:30. If we're not there by 7:30, please don't wait for us; we'll most likely meet you there if we're delayed. Anything can happen when traveling with a kid.
                              | | Sean

Comment

Working...
                              X