Weekend Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Drives

So perhaps because I am the new guy with the freshly registered car but I am all enthusiastic to go out and do some weekend driving. How does this normally work with the group? I'm all up for a GRR or ACH run one of these weekends. anyone else interested?

It could be possible, we are overdue.

Comment

Where has the group gotten together and driven before? Day trip I am thinking.

Comment

We have had a few good day or 1/2 day trips, I remember one or two up to Ojai, Hwy33, Lockwood Valley and Lake Elizabeth, other trips around to San Gabriel Mts including one ending up at the shooting range with Doug unpacking 3 (?) shotguns from his Caterham boot. I personally have a few more longer trips under the belt, maybe 50,000 miles by now.

But the whole group has become a little sleepy lately and even the Supercar Sunday mornings usually end up with a trip the Rockstore at best.

I am up for any interesting trip. Since you are in Corona, maybe we could do a loop around Mt. San Jacinto or up to Big Bear.

If you want a real trip you can join us for our Big Sky tour end of June to Montana, BC and Idaho

Comment

I am not sure how the poppies will be doing this year but maybe that would be something:

Maybe not that....actually same day:

Comment

Hmm, looks like a great poppy year: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=627

Comment

I'm up for a drive.

Comment

As am I. Depending on when and where.

Comment

So I was thinking about a Glendora Ridge Road run from Azusa to mt Baldy, with lunch at the buckhorn lodge in baldy. Sunday March 22. I went out today and put another 80 miles on the car without a shifter boot and front tunel seal and cooked my hand and foot so I need to get that taken care of on Monday before I thrash the car up a mountain.

Comment

I'm up for a drive on Sunday, unless it rains.

9am?

/Magnus F.

Comment

I guess I could come along, too. 9am would be fine with me. Not too hot like 84 degrees according to WU.
                      If we do the Ridge Road, Pepe's Tacos is a convenient place to meet (or have breakfast if hungry).

Comment

I am not able to go this Saturday or the next, another drive for me.

Gert - last time I remember you eating at Pepe's you went home early with indigestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
                          .... you went home early with indigestion....
                          Yes I remember. But they are under new management :)

Comment

9am SUNDAY at Pepe's is the meeting point?

Comment

I will be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X