Christmas Blat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Blat

Well, not really Christmas but the day after 12/26. Weather permitting and depending on road conditions I was planning the following trip: La Canada, Wrightwood (breakfast at Newcombs or the Grizzly Cafe), Silverwood Lake, Arrowhead/Big Bear, Hwy38, lunch in Oak Glen or Yucaipa, back up to Crestline, then down to 210 and West to Mount Baldy Rd, Ridge Road and back to la Canada. Easy drive, only 300 miles or so. Anybody interested? I am probably going to drive one or the other way. Only question is with new tires or with the bald ones.

Good shake-out trip for the dyno event....

Gert

Kind of on the short side isn't it?

Comment

We don't do the sissy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
        Kind of on the short side isn't it?
        Way too long for my tastes, but y'all know that by now.

I'd be deligted to pay call, at least at the start, perhaps for at breakfast in LC (hint hint) at the bottom of the 2.

Weather will, uh, drive that decision of course, and the time of day. This time of year early am starts are dark, and I don't have lights (nor will I, ever).
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I'm in Sweden during Christmas.

Have fun.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Where are the gas stops?

Comment

Originally posted by johnh View Post
              Where are the gas stops?
              I will bring a battery powered oil drilling rig. But seriously, the longest stretch without gas stations is the 60 miles from La Canada to Wrightwood.

Comment

Sounds like fun, I will try to make it!

Comment

Yay! Have not heard from you for a while....Would be good to see you again!

Weather so far looking sunny and dry. Might be a bit chilly up there at Wrightwood and Big Bear with forecast around 36 to 38 degrees max. But, as I said earlier we don't do the sissy stuff :)

Comment

I know, been busy, changed jobs, American Collectors Insurance stopped doing business in CA so my insurance got dropped, then my registration got dropped, battery is certainly flat by now, etc...

Not sure if I can get all that squared away by the 26th. Not looking good at this point. But soon enough all should be straightened out and blatting will recommence.

Comment

Well, I have to work tomorrow, Christmas Eve. I would love to go on the blat but 400 miles followed by 300 miles might be a bit much...

Comment

Originally posted by johnh View Post
                        Well, I have to work tomorrow, Christmas Eve. I would love to go on the blat but 400 miles followed by 300 miles might be a bit much...
                        Hey John - Maybe a NorCal blat on the same day? I'll start a separate thread.
                        | | Sean

Comment

Gert

I don't think I can make it on the 26th.

Comment

HA HA! Good news, everyone! Hagerty will be able to make me legal a little later today, so as long nothing strange happens I'll be able to make the run on the 26th! Should be great!

Weeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by V-Robb View Post
                              I know, been busy, changed jobs, American Collectors Insurance stopped doing business in CA so my insurance got dropped, then my registration got dropped...
                              Really? My car is still insured through them... maybe I should give them a call!

Comment

Working...
                              X