Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

AROSC @ Buttonwillow Sep 27-28. Racing,Time Trials, and HPDE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AROSC @ Buttonwillow Sep 27-28. Racing,Time Trials, and HPDE.

You bet your sweet little ass that I will be there, showing what a two-minute lap looks like.

I'll check if they allow me on the enduro. If so, I'd be happy to drive either my own or someone else's car.

/Magnus F.
    Last edited by magnusfeuer; August 25, 2014, 11:51 AM.

Booked for both days in TT Advanced. Will stay at Motel 6 Central.

Moose - Please tell me that you will be there. I am itching to see your car in the flesh with the new engine.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Originally posted by magnusfeuer View Post
      ..... I am itching to see your car in the flesh with the new engine.

/Magnus F.
      Ever heard of the Flying Dutchman?

Comment

Originally posted by magnusfeuer View Post
        Booked for both days in TT Advanced. Will stay at Motel 6 Central.

Moose - Please tell me that you will be there. I am itching to see your car in the flesh with the new engine.

/Magnus F.
        Love to, but...

That weekend is our company's 'senior management retreat'. You know, one of those mandatory-attendance 2 day periods of what is supposed to be your own time stolen from you so that you can sit around listening to "management consultants" (a recently emerged sub-species of those who since the beginning of time have avoided actual work by selling eternity to low IQ sinners through the twin promises of absolution and eternal paradise) spew their puerile nonsense whilst entreating everybody in attendance (willing or coerced) to stand around in circles holding hands and singing Koom-bye-ya and shit like that, all the while being "fed" Hotel Conference Center rubber chicken and watery vegetables. The E.coli is a no-charge extra.

IOW, 2 days of my life that I'll never get back.

So, some other weekend, most likely next year as NASA's last SoCal event is the following weekend. I won't be able to make that one either. As I mentioned elsewhere, the Venerable Crusty can no longer be considered a dependable hauler, and I have yet to decide what to do about acquiring another means of towing that won't cost a ton of money that I'd rather not spend.
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by slomove View Post
          Ever heard of the Flying Dutchman?
          Be forewarned. The appropriate take away here is 'the sight of this phantom ship is a portent of doom' part of the legend.

Ahoy!:-D
          Chris
          ------------
          A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I have already signed up for a PCA event that weekend, but may be a chance I will cancel that. I would like to run time trials with the Caterham with PCA, but they haven’t decided yet whether to classify it as an open wheel car or not. I’ve sent them pictures, but they are waiting to see the car before deciding.

I understand their concerns, though, about running these cars with bigger fully enclosed cars, so I am happy with whatever they would like. If they don’t allow, they will cancel my registration, and I will join you all.

Keep an eye on Nigel in his Boxster in POC this year – he is going to be battling the current leaders for top dog soon!

Justin

Comment

With a name like Nigel, he should be in a British car - a Seven!
              | | Sean

Comment

I am unable to run my car that weekend but will come up to support the enduro.

Michael Murphy has a prior commitment so won't be down for it.

Who else besides Magnus might be there?

Comment

The PCA is going to let me run with them, and since I had already made arrangements with some friends to be there, I'll be at the PCA event at Willow Springs.

Sorry to miss this, would love to run with you guys. I would be interested in running my car in the Enduro some time, but I think that I can only do about 40 minutes on track before refilling the gas tank. So I'd either have to drive more conservatively, stop twice, or get a bigger gas tank!

Good luck with the Enduro.

Justin

Comment

Well.

I had to cancel. I am going to Portland on Monday, and stranding my wife with both kids for a weekend and the following week was a bit much.

Next event...

/Magnus F.

Comment

Let's try to plan a Sevens track day for this winter. I don't see any other AROSC events coming up. Any other suggestions? Maybe a NASA or SCCA event? The PCA is a good group, and they are going to let me run with them, but I don't think all of our cars would pass their tech rules. SCCA has a time trial group, but you don't get a lot of track time.

An option that I know hasn't been too well-received in the past is Speedventures. They now have their own racing series, which is mostly Miatas, which I think they would let us join in on. I did this last time, but having more horsepower and half the weight of the Miatas, it wasn't much of a race for me. Along with POC and PCA and SCCA events, I continue to do Speedventures events because it is an inexpensive, low-hassle way to get lots of track time. I haven't seen any car-to-car contact in over 40 events that I've attended, and much fewer off-road excursions than in SCCA or NASA. Despite the wide variety of drivers, they have an excellent safety record.

Another option, if we wanted to do a Friday, would be to go to an open testing day at Willow Springs, usually on Fridays. We'd have as much track time as we wanted. We'd be on the track with the serious drivers, but that can often be safer!

Or, If we want to do the next AROSC event, I will make sure and plan ahead of time!

Justin

Comment

I've run the NASA event at Chuckwalla in February, and it's great. Nice weather and small entry. The only hassel is the fact that you're in the middle of nowhere and unless you're self-contained like Doug, the nearest lodging and food are 45 minutes away. But that's a small price for a great event!

Best wishes,
                        Clark

Comment

Working...
                        X