• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day 2013

UPDATED START TIME: 12:00PM - LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED

When
    :
    2013 September 15 (Sunday this year) 12:00PM - 5:00PM or so.
    (Date and time now confirmed w/ Bisimoto Engineering)

Where:
    Bisimoto Engineering
    1916 South Lynx Place
    Ontario, CA 91761
    Link to MAP showing Bisimoto Engineering location

Cost:
    $180/hr. for dyno time. A car usually takes between one and two hours to map, mostly depending on how crappy the PC mapping software is. Tipping the tuner is optional, but appreciated.

If interested:
    Please reply to this thread with the following information:
    1. The chance that you will show up, 0-100%.
    2. The engine and ECU setup of the car you will dyno.
    3. If you want anything special done (transient fuelling, overrun, etc) outside the normal mapping.

What to bring:
    • Car, w/ adequate fuel, fresh oil/plugs, clean or new filters.
    • Laptop w/ appropriate engine management software and cable. Magnus will bring an Win XP laptop in case you only have a CD and a cable.
    • Money/checkbook/credit card for dyno time, lunch, and donation to tuner (Magnus) if inclined.

Participants:
    1. Sean
      1. 100%
      2. Duratec/MBE
      3. No, nothing special, thank you

2. MK1962
      1. 100%
      2. 1600 Crossflow/no ECU
      3. none specified

3. edaddy
      1. 50% ?
      2. unspecified ?
      3. HP verification pull only ?

Spectators and support (hecklers):
    1. Doug Liedblad
    2. ...?

WARNING
    : Your engine may blow up due to unknown mechanical issues.

Neither Magnus Feuer nor Bisimoto will take responsibility for ruined engines or maimed participants, and both will require you to sign a waiver before touching your car; you assume all risk. The only words of consolidation is that this is the fifth time we've done this and no engines have been harmed yet.

Please make sure that your engine is freshly serviced. We will run it at full throttle for about 1-2 minutes in total. We will also hit peak RPM three-four times during the session. Make sure that your rev-limiter is set correctly.

edit -- changed duration to finish around 2:00, due to so few participants, and changed edaddy to 50% certainty due to lack of follow-up on initial expression of interest
    Last edited by magnusfeuer; September 9, 2013, 01:44 PM.
    | | Sean

I think the 14th is a Saturday!

If I don't have my car, I might at least come by and visit a bit during the day.

Justin

Comment

Oops! You're right - post edited to correct the date to the 15th of September. Also, start time confirmed by BE as 10:00 a.m., and hourly dyno rate as $180/hr.
      Thanks, Justin!
      | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by sdcat View Post

If I don't have my car, I might at least come by and visit a bit during the day.

Justin
        Justin

Thought it was almost done? Or are you planning further changes?

I'll plan on being there with the BBQ.

Comment

I'll be there with my usual array of laptops, cables, software, and waivers.

Also a thank you to Sean for picking up the ball and making this happen.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Might be too tight for me. When I come back from my Canada trip I will send in the ECU to Emerald for an upgrade to the K3 version (supposedly 2-3 weeks). After the TPS failure last month and the quick remapping I got it good enough for this trip but before I go on the dyno again I want have it running on the new ECU. I also got now a better non-contact TPS that needs to be installed and wired to the ECU.

Comment

I'm TRYIN man, I'm tryin. Latest update is that they've cashed my check to source the material necessary to build the one remaining part of the project and I'm a week or 2 out from fabrication.

And this is one of the better shops hereabouts.

Sigh.
              Chris
              ------------
              A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
                Justin

Thought it was almost done? Or are you planning further changes?

I'll plan on being there with the BBQ.

It sounds like this is the first time this system has been put in a LHD Duratec R500, so it's taking a bit longer. They had to do some tunnel modifications, and there is a bunch of wiring/etc. to sort out with Stack system. In retrospect, I'm not sure the clutchless up and down paddle shifting thing was a good idea - might have been just as happy with a regular sequential with flatshifting upshifts. But I'm sure it's going to be a blast once it's done! I figure this is a car that I will keep all my life, so the wait should be worth it.

Comment

Sound great, new Plugs and an oil change, I'm there

1962 S2
                  1600 Crossflow with 1 40 dcoe weber carburetor

Comment

It sounds like this is the first time this system has been put in a LHD Duratec R500, so it's taking a bit longer.
                    If this is a Sadev w/paddle-shift, you should track down Karl (blubarisax) in New Jersey. He has implemented this system, and should be familiar with at least some of the hurdles you may face. Good luck, sir.

edit: Go to http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5910&page=10 Justin, and scroll down to post 96 to start.
                    Last edited by Sean; August 8, 2013, 05:46 PM.
                    | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                      If this is a Sadev w/paddle-shift, you should track down Karl (blubarisax) in New Jersey. He has implemented this system, and should be familiar with at least some of the hurdles you may face. Good luck, sir.

edit: Go to http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5910&page=10 Justin, and scroll down to post 96 to start.
                      Karl has given me some very helpful information. I talked to him before ordering the system, and then again recently. It is not an easy setup - between mounting and routing the pneumatics, setting up the throttle blipper, getting the correct wiring harness and adapting it, and programming the MBE ECU and the geartronics ECU. I know very little about any of the details, other than that I am amazed that my mechanic can even sort all that out!

Comment

Hope I can make it. I would love to get my engine tweaked a bit. Still seems like it's running rich, especially below 2500rpm.
                        Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU

Comment

Shoot, I've been scheduled to work on the 15th. Wish I could join you, but will have to skip this again.

Justin

Comment

Shoot, I've been scheduled to work on the 15th. Wish I could join you, but will have to skip this again.

Justin
                            Call in sick, don't you know a Dr. that will give you a note?

Comment

Can I bring a non "Lotus" car to simply get it checked for current HP, i.e. one short run?

Comment

Working...
                              X