No announcement yet.

Dyno Day Satuday July 27 - CANCELED

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dyno Day Satuday July 27 - CANCELED

    Since Bisi cancelled our July 13 date, I tentatively booked Saturday July 27 at 10:00AM instead.

    The address is: 1916 South Lynx Place Ontario, CA 91761

    Please reply to this thread with the following information:

    1. The chance that you will show up. 0-100%
    2. The engine and ECU setup of the car you will dyno
    3. If you want anything special done (transient fuelling, overrun, etc) outside the normal mapping

    Please bring your car with a fresh oil change and a somewhat clean air filter. Also bring the dyno mapping software for a PC (running XP), and a data cable. Feel free to bring your own laptop as well, which will save me some setup time. If you have a Pectel T2 or T6, there is no need to bring any software or cable; I have it all.

    Bisi charges $180/hr at the dyno. I take whatever donations you seem fit. Each car usually takes between 40-90 minutes to dyno depending on how much needs to be done and how crappy your mapping software is.

    And with that I'll end with the usual warning:

    Your engine and/or drivetrain may fail catastrophically and blow up during the dyno session. Neither I (Magnus Feuer) or Bisimoto will be responsible for any damage to the car or bystanders during or after the dyno session. A signed waiver acknowledging is required before we start working on your car.

    The strain we will put on the car can be compared to five full-speed laps at Buttonwillow Raceway. We will do about 7-8 full-throttle runs from idle to the rev limiter, plus a number of intermediate runs to map out the mid range. Please make sure that your car is mechanically sound before showing up. I have still not blown up an engine and would like to keep it that way.

    /Magnus F.
    Last edited by magnusfeuer; June 25, 2013, 11:21 AM. Reason: Formatting

  • #2
    Bummer. I could only have made it on the 6th or 13th. Oh well - you guys have fun.
    Magnus - you'll have to find some
    | | Sean


    • #3
      I can make that date.

      I'm a 50% based on answers to some questions I'll be posting in the Q&A section. I need to be sure my car will get to southern California.
      Zetec zx3 with Pectel T2


      • #4
        Mo betta, I can be a definite maybe now.
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted


        • #5
          Definite maybe for me too.

          '62 Lotus Seven
          '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
          '14 Evora
          '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

          "A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588


          • #6
            I believe that will work, 85% certain


            • #7
              Looking good!
              I'd say 95% sure I will be able to be there.
              Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU


              • #8
                I won't be able to make it on the 27th, but look forward to hearing about it!



                • #9
                  I give up.

                  They called and left message canceling the 27:th as well.

                  Coordinating dates with Bisi and all our club members is turning out to be a lot more work than I anticipated.

                  If anybody else wants to pick this up and setup a date with Bisimoto, I'd be happy to show up and do the dynoing. If not, I suggest that we postpone this until later in the fall.


                  /Magnus F.


                  • #10
                    Thanks for trying to sort out the dyno day, Magnus.
                    much appreciated.
                    It's a shame Bisi is so busy!
                    Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU


                    • #11
                      I recall Bisimoto once saying that July is typically a busy month for his business. For the record, the last two dyno day events we had were held in August, both times on the Saturday before Monterey Car Week began. Still, the late-notice cancellation is a bitter pill to swallow.

                      Unfortunately for me, I cannot make it in August at all this year. However, September is a definite possibility for me. I'll try to contact BE about their availability in September, and just hope like hell that Magnus isn't planning to be off on a(-nother) drunken rave in the forests of Sweden at that time of year, and that enough of you will also be available at that time. What the hell; it's worth a try, anyway.

                      edit -- ...and as a bonus, Chris's car should a-l-m-o-s-t be assembled by then.

                      edit -- Called BE, but no answer, so sent an e-mail today (07/26) to ping on September availability. If response is positive, I'll start a new thread. If response is negative, I'll post here in the cancelled thread (seems appropriate).
                      Last edited by Sean; July 26, 2013, 04:32 PM.
                      | | Sean