• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperCarSunday April 7th

Anyone interested?

Doug

Interested, yes

Car ready, no.

I finally finished all the rear end repairs and some upgrades, including my fancy new tail lights (below).

But now I have the scuttle off to replace the randomly functioning British rocker switches. I find toggle switches look better on the car, anyway.

Comment

Change of plans and I won't be able to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by slomove View Post
        I finally finished all the rear end repairs and some upgrades, including my fancy new tail lights.
        Wow, very fancy. Are those multi-colored LEDs? Can we see shots of the other displays? Did you do the electronics? Thanks.

---john.

Comment

John

Please don't encourage his addiction!

Comment

I am not addicted! I am just trying to demonstrate that I am capable of serious bling and not just plywood and duct tape design as some members like to suggest ;-)

Comment

My apologies as those lights are clearly not plywood or duct tape, you only need the plywood etc, for field repairs or prototyping.

Don't forget the chewing gum.
              Last edited by Doug Liedblad; April 10, 2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnh View Post
                Wow, very fancy. Are those multi-colored LEDs? Can we see shots of the other displays? Did you do the electronics? Thanks.

---john.
                No, these are single color LED. The multiple ones are usually not that bright. Accordingly the "electronics" are simple resistor ballasts. The pattern is purely by position of the LED. The white ones for reverse make up the gaps in the arrow while the red tail lights (low current) and and brake lights (high current) are behind the arrow.

Comment

What a disappointment! :-) I was expecting the arrow to animate across the bezel when the signal was active, kind of like a modern take on t-bird tailligts.

Comment

O.K., that is the next version. Including keyboard on the dash to display curses to misbehaving track fellows.

Comment

Not only are you encouraging it, but feeding it as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X