Shelby Club rides again @ the Streets Sep25-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelby Club rides again @ the Streets Sep25-26

The track's website indicates that the Shelby guys will again be @ the Streets for the last weekend of September. Because of the distance from SD and the two day nature of the event that time works better for me than the 17th. Any other 7ers care to join up with the Shelby Club again? 8)

Sure, why not

Brad, I am going to sign up.

Gert

Comment

Miwako and I will sign up, at least for Saturday. Shall we look for a trailer?

/Magnus F.

Comment

I'm going and this time I'm bringing my own car if it's still working.

Comment

Upgradeitis Strikes

I suppose my car will be in working condition again for the Shelby Club event (right now it is down with a broken clutch release shaft).

Looks like the repair will be very expensive. I mean, the spare part (4mm AN3 bolt) to fix the release shaft is only 50 cents. But since I will have the engine out anyway it would be a waste not to install the lightened flywheel. And while I am at it also to put a semi-close ratio gearbox in. Which, of course only makes real sense with an LSD.

Isn't it a shame that the clutch let me down :-)

Gert

P.S.: There will be another T9 available soon......

Comment

This is a hip shot.

I will probably have a more or less complete chydraulic clutch over when I've installed my racing clutch in about two-three weeks time.

If these parts can help you out in any way, you can have them really cheap.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Magnus. But there is nothing really wrong with the clutch except the broken C-pins to be replaced with beefier AN3 bolts.

Actually, I will take the car to the Birkin dealer tomorrow and have them do the whole job while I am in Europe the next 3 weeks. They are going to charge me about $800 for the labor to install the new gearbox, flywheel and clutch plate, to rebuild the diff with the LSD componerts and repair the clutch shaft. I think that is fair and will save me days of crawling under the car, borrowing equipment that I don't have and breaking my delicate fingernails. 8)

I am really curious how the closer ratio gearbox and LSD will make a difference in the car's track performance.

Now I just need to upgrade the driver.....

Gert

Comment

The entry forms are now available on the Shelby club website: www.lasaac.org Mine goes in this week. Once again the event will be limited to sixty cars on a first come first served basis. And, as always, I'm gonna beat the bushes and bug every 7 owner that I know of to attend. It IS more fun with more 7s. If we can turn out enough cars we may be able to get our own run group every 60-80 minutes. If you are planning to attend please post on this thread when you sign up so that I can stop bugging you and start on those who ain't signed up. The cost is still a very reasonable $165 for the weekend. Bring sunscreen :!: 8) This is what 7s are made to do :!: :lol:

Comment

Brad, if I am still in Southern California at the end of September, I will attend the Shelby meeting. I like the club's relaxed organization and approach. The passenger sessions are particularly interesting and of course we all take it easy in those sessions don't we.

I will know in early September if I can attend and I'll take my chances with the sign-up then.

Comment

Michael: Well, I hope that you and your family are where ever you want to be come the end of Sept. All of the choices have some benefits.

If you do make it to the Streets a few laps behind the wheel of my car will tell you how well you like my Freestyle set-up. It's a major improvement in the handling, performance and drivability of my car and if it will help your car you should at least try it to see if there is a difference. With the adjustability I think I could set up the car so that left turns would have terminal understeer and right turns would have deadly oversteer.

In the event NoCal is in your future there are probably more 7s up there than down here; so you should be able to find plenty of playmates. There are also 3 good tracks and the Golden Gate Lotus Club.

Hope to see you again @ the Streets :!: 8)

Brad

Comment

SOAREYES: If you have not bought a 7 yet (almost unimaginable to those of us that have done so!); renting one for the Shelby Club weekend will tell you if a 7 is for you.

Touge Seven: I know that you would enjoy such a weekend :!: 8)

Join us :idea: :lol:

Comment

I'll mail in my wife's and my registration today.
                        She will run in the novice group while I will do intermediate.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Helmet question too

I called and there are still openings for the Shelby event, so my registration went out in today's mail. I need to mount a fire extinguisher in the Birkin, and I found the previous thread on extinguishers so I will take care of that shortly.

I need to get a full face helmet now (my old one is open face). Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can go in S. California to try them on to get the right size? I bought my old helmet online and it was just too tight, so I don't want to make that mistake again. Thanks!

Stan

Comment

Simpson has a store in Torrance. They stock helmets, race suits, shoes, and paraphernalia.

Comment

Thanks Michael!

I found their website too:

www.simpsonraceproducts.com

Their street address is 22632 South Normandie Ave, Torrance, and they are open M-F 9 to 5, Sat 9 to 2, and closed Sunday.
                              The Voyager helmet looks nice, and I'll go try it out soon.

Stan

Comment

Working...
                              X