Clear All

• New tires need testing

Anyone up for a drive?

I could do tomorrow or Saturday AM.

Sometime next week possible too.

Doug

I'm out of town until Tuesday
    www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

I am locationally challenged. That means I am in Germany right now. But I wish I coul join.....

Comment

When y'all get back will work too.

Comment

Tire Testing

Let's see how this plays out. I'd like to join for a little canyon running. My Bridgestone RE-01Rs are still running after two Alfa Club enduros and many Hwy 18 runs. Well heat-cycled and scrubbed-in.
          Clark

Comment

Clark

What / when did you have in mind?

Comment

Tire Testing

Several years ago, my friend John Reicks hosted a (very chilly) dawn run that started in Santa Monica on Hwy. 1 and drove up into the hills on Latigo Canyon Road. Gert joined us for part of this route. I'm not sure of the roads we took, but eventually we got to the Rock Store on Mulholland Drive for breakfast (a passenger in a Mustang lost his!) and then did a little more canyon running led by our good friend (joining us at the top of Stunt Road), Mr. Bedard. Michael also brought a couple more Sevens to join our group that day, including one fellow with a Series 2 Lotus. My arms and shoulders were sore after that day of driving the twisties!

Something a little closer to my neighborhood here in the Inland Empire might include portions of Hwys. 18, 138, 2, and others. Alternatively, I've got a really good rally route that leads down through obscure twisties to the Escondido area, and also one that starts in Riverside and ends up at Oak Glen where great cider and pie await. Perhaps Stan knows some good roads leading down the back side of the San Bernardino mountains. Anyway, I'm open to ideas.
              Clark

Comment

Something up Highway 2 into the mountains I'd be up for. As far as Wrightwood might be OK.

Escondido I can't do this weekend.

I'm always up to having breakfast at the Rock Store, depends on if you feel like coming that far.

Comment

Tire Testing on Tour

I'm pretty booked this coming weekend with New Years and all. Planning something for early January would be great as long as this beautiful weather continues. (The Rose Bowl parade should be stunning this year - no rain challenged last-minute hysteria)

When's Slomove coming back to the states?
                  Clark

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                    When's Slomove coming back to the states?
                    This Monday, but also booked for the following weekend. But I am probably available the weekend of the 13th.

Comment

Now...what are we going to do next weekend? Anything?

Comment

Slomove ... you should have been in Germany this week ... I'm off to Zolder on Wednesday for some tracktime during darkness :-)

Comment

I could do something Sunday AM but not all day. Perhaps till Noon.

Comment

Well maybe breakfast at Newcombs' Ranch this time? I promise to stay with Doug to make sure he does not get stranded with a flat tire again after everybody takes off...still feel guilty about that :rolleyes:.

If I get really busy Saturday I may even weld up new front wing stays. Already got the alloy steel tubing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat7even View Post
                              Slomove ... you should have been in Germany this week ... I'm off to Zolder on Wednesday for some tracktime during darkness :-)
                              Ha! I was there last week. But with only a few days I could not escape the relatives' embrace anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X