See less

Scs 1/30/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gert, I got drenched on the way home too. One of the snaps for the birkini top popped open from the windscreen on the 101. Water poured in. Glad I went all the same. I hung around for a bit to see if I could meet the owner of the purple Caterham but missed them.
    Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU

Comment

Originally posted by slomove View Post
      Oh, another question...

There was a red/burgundy metal effect Caterham with a silver bonnet stripe, K&N Weber-style intake, chrome roll-bar and clamshells on a temporary license until February. Nobody around though to ask.

Should I know this car? I can not remember who that may be.

Sounds like a 40th anniversary car, this one perhaps? http://www.californiacaterhamclub.co...th+anniversary
      www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

Soareyes, was that your Mini?

I was wondering who belonged to the Seven as well.

I thought that this very early Seven inspired trike was pretty cool too:
        EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
        '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
        '14 Evora
        '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

Originally posted by escondidoron View Post
          Soareyes, was that your Mini?
          No, not mine. He must have arrived after I left. Mine was #059 but my year with it was over last June and it was shipped to somewhere in Asia from what I was told. I may get to drive the follow-up car to the electric Mini which will be an electric BMW 1 series. That program starts later this year.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by escondidoron View Post
            I thought that this very early Seven inspired trike was pretty cool too:
            Yes, very cool! The Mercedes guy was saying you bought the trike as a kit back in the day, and had to put it together yourself so very Seven-ish. It even leaks!
            Last edited by soareyes; January 30, 2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mopho View Post
              Sounds like a 40th anniversary car, this one perhaps? http://www.californiacaterhamclub.co...th+anniversary
              Hm, may well be. The advert did not have any pics. The intake did look crossflowish and there are probably not many cars with that color scheme in California.
              Last edited by slomove; January 31, 2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soareyes View Post
                Along the same lines, I saw this one at Cars and Coffee in Irvine on Saturday. The owner wasn't by the car and it is one I haven't seen before. Anyone know whose it is?

I've met two BRG crossflow 7's at cars and coffee. The first was John Krafcik who is the CEO of Hyundai USA.

The second was a Japanese (if I remember correctly) gentleman who lives in Yorba Linda. His name escapes me at the moment. I believe this car is his, but it could possibly be the former's.

Comment

It wasn't Krafcik
                  www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

I'm the proud owner of the burgundy 40th anniversary. Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you on Sunday. Too busy taking in the sights to hang out by my car. Next time. Got a good drenching on the way back home. Nicely mud-splattered she is now. At least now I know my windscreen wipers work, sort of.

I'm hoping to make it to Streets of Willow for the AROCSC intro course in April but I just realized my lidded head is only about half an inch below the factory roll bar. I'm only 5'8'' dam it! Is the 2 inch rule strictly applied for the intro course? Makes sense that it is. So I guess I'm looking for an FIA roll bar. Any ideas anyone?

Or I take the seat bottom out and sit on the floor...

Comment

I don't think they strictly enforce the 2" rule for the beginning driving course.

Comment

I never noticed they actually checked, even for the time trial. At least in Tech I did not get into the car and on the grid nobody cared. Not to say the 2" is not a good idea, though. But I still have to see a local Seven fully comply with this rule (we don't have midgets here).
                        Last edited by slomove; February 1, 2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X