Sat 1/8 blat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat 1/8 blat?

I'm thinking of hitting the roads this coming Saturday. Anybody want to join? I'm open for suggestions about routes, although high mountains probably will have snow.

/Magnus F.

Originally posted by magnusfeuer View Post
    .....although high mountains probably will have snow..../Magnus F.
    No kidding....I just spent 2 weeks in Germany with traffic shut down for days due to snow. Our Christmas family dinner at my sister's home was a no-show because nobody could get there. The wimps in Germany are just not used to 2 feet in 24 hours like the Swedes. Oh well, I came back to a backyard under water.

Back to the topic. I would like to come along but leave it a bit open because Rosie will be back Friday night from the old country. She mentioned she liked to do another weekend trip but I am not sure if that soon.

Maybe we check the road conditions Friday before we decide where to go. I think Clark was thinking about the Malibu Mts. with a new guy from the U.K. but I have not heard about it lately.

Comment

I'm off to motor city on Saturday :(

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

I'm a maybe.

Comment

Put me down as "maybe," too.

Comment

Just checked.....Saturday or Sunday are both fine.

Comment

Are we on?

Shall we do the Malibu mountains as Clark mentioned? I suck at routes and would greatly appreciate suggestions.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Wish I could join you!
                I have to work all weekend.
                Next time!
                Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU

Comment

My 'maybe' has gone up to 'probable' as long as we don't go much past 10 AM which always turns into 11 or so.

AND I get my leaking tire fixed today.

Clark is slammed at work and unable to make it, He has not been in contact with the other Seven owner recently.

Can we meet at the old SuperCar Sunday location about 7:30-8 AM?

That's at the 101 Fwy and Mulholland / Valley Circle Blvd exit. Exit 101 go South and meet by the McDonalds.

Mulholland, Stunt Road, Saddle Peak, Piuma, Las Virgines, Mulholland to the Rock Store for breakfast?

Or Mulholland to Old Topanga to Saddle Peak and and then to Piuma. We've not done that section in some time. More houses and traffic that way.

Various nice roads from the Rock Store to the beach.

Advise if you can make it.

Comment

Ok. 7.30 at the Mc Donalds at the 101/Mulholland drive exit.

We'll have breakfast and plan our route. I need to be home by 1.00PM.

/Magnus F.

Comment

I went for an awesome drive today.

BTW stunt road is muddy and they were doing some construction on Piuma, but it may be cleared up by tomorrow
                      www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

I've spent the entire day, since 10:30, at Volvo in Van Nuys while the service department tries to figure out how to install an OEM tow hitch on my XC60. I'm still there.

In other words: Morgan have had a better day than I have.

/Magnus F.

Comment

They can't figure out their own hitch? Will they take the car back if they can't put it on?

Will Gert and Randal be there?

Anyone else?

Paul - You'll get more work done if you take a creative break for about 3 hours in the AM, you'll be relaxed and refreshed. Remember, work expands to fill the time alloted to it!

Doug
                          Last edited by Doug Liedblad; January 7, 2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
                            Paul - You'll get more work done if you take a creative break for about 3 hours in the AM, you'll be relaxed and refreshed. Remember, work expands to fill the time alloted to it!

Doug
                            Doug, yes, normally I would totally agree, join you guys and catch up with work in the evening
                            This weekend is a tough one though, I have to do two 16 hour days to meet a deadline!
                            Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
                              They can't figure out their own hitch? Will they take the car back if they can't put it on?
                              I finally got out of there after seven hours. They had previously just done one of these installs, on an XC60 with a different body kit, and the instructions were wrong. (Goddamn Swedes!)

As a bonus they managed manage to put the ball on upside down on the ball mount. I almost felt bad for the very apologetic service manager when I pointed this out to him; he was not having a good day.

I'll swap the ball mount on Sunday and take the trailer for a test ride.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Working...
                              X