X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingergirl
    replied
    Newcomb Ranch Ride

V-Robb and I had a terrific time this morning!!! Super Car Sunday was really crowded today. (I don't think I've ever seen that many classic cars in one place before--it was huge!)

Not all of Los Angeles Crest is open, but the the road to Newcomb's Ranch is.

Which brings me to this ---I'd like to suggest a ride to a different location once a month. We could meet at Super Car Sunday as a central location or a convenient, designated spot before going off to some place else. Would anyone be interested in this?

Also, I'm not sure what the protocol is of this forum for mentioning other clubs, so please send me a pvt e-mail if I'm overstepping. It was mentioned today that a group of british cars gather in Palos Verdes every 3rd Sunday of the month. Is anyone interested in this?

Thank you,

Jeanne

Leave a comment:

• V-Robb
    replied
    I believe so, yes.

Leave a comment:

• mopho
    replied
    Are you meeting at supercar sunday?

Leave a comment:

• V-Robb
    replied
    We'll see you then. Weather should be lovely tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• slomove
    replied
    We'll be there at 8 am

Leave a comment:

• Gingergirl
    replied
    may 30th ride

I've been under the weather, but still hope to be up for the may 30th ride...anyone else joining?

Leave a comment:

• Gingergirl
    replied
    Time

Originally posted by slomove View Post
    Rosie and I are up for such a shorter trip, e.g. SCS/Lower Big T/Newcombs Ranch/Upper Big T/Aliso&Soledad Canyon/Little Tujunga. Got to be back by noon, though.
    What time do you want to meet?

Leave a comment:

• slomove
    replied
    Rosie and I are up for such a shorter trip, e.g. SCS/Lower Big T/Newcombs Ranch/Upper Big T/Aliso&Soledad Canyon/Little Tujunga. Got to be back by noon, though.

Leave a comment:

• Gingergirl
    replied
    Curiousity

Originally posted by mopho View Post
    First post + planning a drive + never heard of you + female = investigate bio ;)

Me too! :D

Part of the fun of Memorial day is that lots of different and interesting cars show up at the Rock Store overlook

I should have just left the bio blank.

I got it. RockStore will be filled with interesting cars. Super Car Sunday will be filled with interesting cars.

But isn't it always?

So do something unexpected this time. Ride on the wild side...ch.ch.ch.ch.change... take those corners a little faster....be in the moment...feel the tightness of curve...the ride on rails....[to which v-robb just said: "Velveeta!"]

Viva la Velveeta!!

Leave a comment:

• rzempel
    replied
    I'd love to join, but unfortunately, I won't be in town. I'll be up in Petaluma...maybe I'll see Stan's car, and find out who the mysterious buyer was.

Leave a comment:

• mopho
    replied
    Originally posted by Gingergirl View Post
    Hrumph. I didn't think anyone would actually read my bio AND ask, much less post what it says.

First post + planning a drive + never heard of you + female = investigate bio ;)

I'm one of the wives.
    Me too! :D

Part of the fun of Memorial day is that lots of different and interesting cars show up at the Rock Store overlook

Leave a comment:

• Gingergirl
    replied
    From here to here

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden View Post
    The 2 is closed from here to here

Lower Big T is good, upper Big T great. Not sure if where upper Big T intersects the 2 is past the closure or not (probably) but if it is Big T would be the only way up & down, if the 2 - Newcomb's - is where you wanna go. I'll ask the fellas at Pro Italia - they'll know.
    A few weeks ago we rode up and around Topanga/stopped at the Rock Store, so I like the idea of driving somewhere different. Keeps it interesting! I've heard a lot about Newcomb's/though I've never seen it (and even though it's closed) the area around it is supposed to be a good curvy ride.

I'd like to know what the Pro Italia guys say about the current road conditions.

Thanks!
    Jeanne

Leave a comment:

• Gingergirl
    replied
    Be the journalist and ask...

Hrumph. I didn't think anyone would actually read my bio AND ask, much less post what it says.

I'm one of the wives.

Leave a comment:

• slomove
    replied
    Originally posted by mopho View Post
    Ok, I'll bite..... Who are you?

I know but don't tell.

Leave a comment:

• mopho
    replied
    Originally posted by Gingergirl View Post
    be the journalist and ask me