Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

May 30th Ride

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 30th Ride

    Hi!

    I'd like to propose a Sunday ride (that is, Sunday, May 30th)--that's the Memorial Day Weekend--

    Details are still being sorted, but it will involve Big Tujunga, part of Hwy2-Angeles Crest, start early in the morning (it's a 3-day weekend, guys, you can sleep in on Monday!)

    Anyone interested????

    Jeanne

  • #2
    Why not start from Super Car Sunday? On Topanga just North of the Ventura fwy.
    John Norris
    '91 Caterham 1700 c/f
    Green/Aluminum W/Clamshells
    '94 BMW 325I Racecar
    '94 BMW 325IS Racecar

    Comment


    • #3
      The 2 is closed from here to here

      Lower Big T is good, upper Big T great. Not sure if where upper Big T intersects the 2 is past the closure or not (probably) but if it is Big T would be the only way up & down, if the 2 - Newcomb's - is where you wanna go. I'll ask the fellas at Pro Italia - they'll know.
      Chris
      ------------
      A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gingergirl View Post
        be the journalist and ask me

        Ok, I'll bite..... Who are you?



        .
        www.morgansegal.com

        The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mopho View Post
          Ok, I'll bite..... Who are you?



          .
          I know but don't tell.

          Comment


          • #6
            Be the journalist and ask...

            Hrumph. I didn't think anyone would actually read my bio AND ask, much less post what it says.

            I'm one of the wives.

            Comment


            • #7
              From here to here

              Originally posted by moosetestbestanden View Post
              The 2 is closed from here to here

              Lower Big T is good, upper Big T great. Not sure if where upper Big T intersects the 2 is past the closure or not (probably) but if it is Big T would be the only way up & down, if the 2 - Newcomb's - is where you wanna go. I'll ask the fellas at Pro Italia - they'll know.
              A few weeks ago we rode up and around Topanga/stopped at the Rock Store, so I like the idea of driving somewhere different. Keeps it interesting! I've heard a lot about Newcomb's/though I've never seen it (and even though it's closed) the area around it is supposed to be a good curvy ride.

              I'd like to know what the Pro Italia guys say about the current road conditions.

              Thanks!
              Jeanne

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gingergirl View Post
                Hrumph. I didn't think anyone would actually read my bio AND ask, much less post what it says.

                First post + planning a drive + never heard of you + female = investigate bio ;)


                I'm one of the wives.
                Me too! :D


                Part of the fun of Memorial day is that lots of different and interesting cars show up at the Rock Store overlook

                .
                www.morgansegal.com

                The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd love to join, but unfortunately, I won't be in town. I'll be up in Petaluma...maybe I'll see Stan's car, and find out who the mysterious buyer was.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Curiousity

                    Originally posted by mopho View Post
                    First post + planning a drive + never heard of you + female = investigate bio ;)

                    Me too! :D


                    Part of the fun of Memorial day is that lots of different and interesting cars show up at the Rock Store overlook

                    .
                    I should have just left the bio blank.

                    I got it. RockStore will be filled with interesting cars. Super Car Sunday will be filled with interesting cars.

                    But isn't it always?

                    So do something unexpected this time. Ride on the wild side...ch.ch.ch.ch.change... take those corners a little faster....be in the moment...feel the tightness of curve...the ride on rails....[to which v-robb just said: "Velveeta!"]

                    Viva la Velveeta!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rosie and I are up for such a shorter trip, e.g. SCS/Lower Big T/Newcombs Ranch/Upper Big T/Aliso&Soledad Canyon/Little Tujunga. Got to be back by noon, though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Time

                        Originally posted by slomove View Post
                        Rosie and I are up for such a shorter trip, e.g. SCS/Lower Big T/Newcombs Ranch/Upper Big T/Aliso&Soledad Canyon/Little Tujunga. Got to be back by noon, though.
                        What time do you want to meet?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          may 30th ride

                          I've been under the weather, but still hope to be up for the may 30th ride...anyone else joining?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We'll be there at 8 am

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We'll see you then. Weather should be lovely tomorrow!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X