Holiday Blat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Blat

Anyone up for a blat between Christmas and the New Year.

Wrightwood? Like we did last year?

Angeles Crest to Frazier Park via Palmdale then Ojai? That's about 275 miles.

Any other ideas?

Doug

I'm up for any day except Dec 27 (Sunday) as I'll be at relatives in Anaheim that day. I have the whole week off between Xmas and New Years, yeah!

Comment

Well, I have to work next week.
      But Saturday, Sunday or Thursday next week are good for me.

Comment

It's short notice, but anyone want to do an overnight in Ojai on Saturday the 26th? I would go directly to my inlaws in Anaheim on Sunday. Weather forcast shows chance of rain Sunday though.

Comment

possible route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...8,2.617493&z=9

Comment

Stan

That's pretty much the route Gert and I did a couple of years back. We detoured to Spunky Canyon via Bouguet Cyn. Worth the side trip.

A couple of streams to ford in Frazier Park at the time. Not too deep.

Doug

Comment

I'm up for it. Has the Angeles Crest Highway been re-opened? Last weekend the CHP said it was closed because of mud slides.

"SR 2
              [IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
              IS CLOSED ISLIP SADDLE TO 5 MI WEST OF BIG PINES (LOS ANGELES CO)
              - DUE TO ROCK & MUD SLIDES - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM 3.3 MI EAST OF NEWCOMBS RANCH TO
              ISLIP SADDLE (LOS ANGELES CO)

CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW
              TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM 5 MI WEST OF BIG PINES (LOS ANGELES CO) TO THE
              JCT OF SR 138 (SAN BERNARDINO CO) "
              <http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi>
              Last edited by rzempel; December 23, 2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I think you can get from the 210 to Angeles Forest via Angeles Crest.

Otherwise we could do Little Tujunga.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by soareyes View Post
                  It's short notice, but anyone want to do an overnight in Ojai on Saturday the 26th? I would go directly to my inlaws in Anaheim on Sunday. Weather forcast shows chance of rain Sunday though.
                  Sounds good to me, although I would probably return the same day from Ojai.

I did not see rain for the weekend on Accuweather or Weather Channel. But the temperatures at altitude will be around 40 degree mark. Got to find the down jacket.

Gert

Comment

I'll see if I can get a hall pass from Miwako.

What time would we start?

/Magnus F.

Comment

Hall pass obtained, arm + leg lost.

When/Where?

/Magnus F.

Comment

We'll rig a handicap equipped Seven for you.

But good question...where and when. Who started the whole thing? Where is the leadership here?

Comment

I too have a hall pass only had to give up.... well never mind that part.

Let us meet at the 2 and the 210 Saturday around 8 AM. At the parking lot by the Sports Chalet where we did last time is fine.

Route as proposed by Stan is OK with me, but we should add Spunky Canyon. If Stan prefers we can meet him at Angeles Forest and Mt. Emma.

For those who aren't able to do the entire trip they can break off in Gorman and come back the I5.

Breakfast in Palmdale?

Lunch?

Anyone late call me eight zero five four zero two 1225 you can text me as well.

Comment

Sounds fine Doug. I will meet at the Sport Chalet too as it is not much further if I take the 210, plus it would be easier in case we need to make any last minute changes in the plan.

The only thing I'm worried about is losing daylight since sunset is around 4:50 pm and I'll have almost 450 miles round trip. Maybe everyone can eat breakfast at home and save some time that way? Just a suggestion, I would go with what the majority wants to do. That reminds me, I need to fix my one headlight before the trip!

Stan

edit - I'm not planning to stay the night in Ojai so I'll be returning home the same day.

Comment

I'll be there at 8 and I can have breakfast at home, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X