Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

Any 7ers heading to Laguna Seca this weekend for the races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 7ers heading to Laguna Seca this weekend for the races?

I will be there May 17-18. A friend has a couple of cars running in the IMSA support race. i'll be around the Red Lobster pit area, probably wearing a Lotus/Lotus 7 Club chapeau. Let's get together if anyone is there.

Can't make this one; I'll be working on my car!
    | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
      Can't make this one; I'll be working on my car!
      Proper use of the semi-colon in a sentence. Bravo!

Finish that thing as soon as circumstances allow. I for one (well, two including you and most likely three counting your wife) are looking forward to it.:D
      Chris
      ------------
      A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I was thinking about flying up on Sunday to soak in the coolness of hanging out in the pit. ExpressJet wanted 225 roundrip, but were sold out.

Next step up on the ladder was the bargain price of $800-$1000 from the big companies. Obviously I rushed to enter my credit card number in order to buy two tickets each way (I need to place my latte somewhere), but I started to have second thoughts it struck me that I've traveled to Sweden for less than that.

Los Angeles - Stockholm 5454 miles. Price per mile (at $1000): $0.18
        Los Angeles - Monterey 268 miles. Price per mile $3.73.

That's 20 times the price per mile; [ <- Look Chris!] and I don't care about apples and oranges.

Why, I hear you ask, are the regular airlines going out of business? Because they are idiots and deserve to die, that's why.

Laguna Seca will not happen. :(

/Magnus F. - Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by magnusfeuer View Post

Bored.

Well, there's always Willow Springs next weekend. I'll be there and Jon will be to, if he goes according to form (I've not spoken to him yet). All HPDE run groups are still open and the weather is forecast to be quite nice for the desert for this time of year...

C'mon tiger, it's time to run on the big track
          Chris
          ------------
          A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

My brother called me tonight. Coincidentally, he ran into the head honcho of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car series today. I just looked into it at the Laguna Seca web page, and this weekend's Monterey Festival of Speed looks like it should be a fun event. Too bad this event didn't get more promotion ahead of time. Ah well, priorities...
            | | Sean

Comment

As you wish.

I've booked both days as HPDE 3. I'll be staying at Super8 in Palmdale.

I'll drive up Friday afternoon (with a trailer). Anybody up for dinner Friday night?

/Magnus F.

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden View Post
              Well, there's always Willow Springs next weekend. I'll be there and Jon will be to, if he goes according to form (I've not spoken to him yet). All HPDE run groups are still open and the weather is forecast to be quite nice for the desert for this time of year...

C'mon tiger, it's time to run on the big track

Comment

Working...
              X