Time for a San Diego county blat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a San Diego county blat!

I am proposing saturday June 14. As usual we would meet at the intersection of I 15 and Hwy 76 for a blast up Mt. Palomar with the laydown daredevil ricerocket riders, and along a few additional well chosen roads, probably lunching in the mountain hamlet of Julian. Last time we did a leg into Borrego Springs, which is located just south of Hell in the summer. Any thoughts about a return there to give some of us a preview of what we are in for if we don't start behevin' better?

Please express interest on this thread. The last few times we had seven 7s.

Brad,

Sounds like a great idea. I'll try to join up depending on my work schedule.

Justin

Comment

I could be down for it, car should be here by then (I hope)
      www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

I would love to go as usual, but I can't that Saturday. In fact, the only Saturday I'm available between now and then is May 24, but then there is always next time. All my Sundays are open though!

Stan

Comment

I should be able to come along and promise to try not to spin out this time. I still feel guilty about such folly on public roads.....

No problem with Borrego Springs but I would not mind going other roads, either.

Saturday or Sunday are both O.K.

Gert
          Last edited by slomove; May 3, 2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Whenever you want to do it is fine with me, but it wouldn't be a bad thing for me if it was a pushed back a week or so. Car is tentatively being picked up on the 20th of May and not sure when it will be delivered (and I still need to drive it back from AZ) and I am sure I could use some time familiarizing myself with how it handles before trying to keep up with the "veterans" ;)
            www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

I'm game on whatever date suits you. I suggest Brad, being the organizer, decides when we do it.

Morgan, you are more than welcome to ride (and drive) with me if your car cannot make it.

/Magnus F.

Comment

It's looking like the car should be to Arizona somewhere around the 28th, and I will probably stick around there for a few days before driving back to LA, so baring any work assignments getting in the way, I should be up for the cruise
                www.morgansegal.com

Comment

I entered this into the calendar (see top row of menu items on this page).
                  Starting time 09:00 - I hope that is OK.

Comment

I like the Calendar feature. I especially like the advance notice that appears on the main forum page about a week in advance of an event. You may have noticed I have been experimenting with it, adding the Cars 'n' Coffee event earlier this month and Colin Chapman's birthday. I hope that is okay!

Should prove really useful for actual outings, such as this drive.
                    | | Sean

Comment

Is this still on for the 14th?
                      www.morgansegal.com

Comment

I'd say yes, even with the Dyno Day coming up 24 hours later.

Anyone who wants to do the San Diego blat Jun 14, please say aye in this thread.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Well I would be interested in going if there will be a good group.

Hopefully my sidescreens will show up in time, just looked at the map, appears to be a lot of freeway driving to get down there :(
                          www.morgansegal.com

Comment

At this point I am not sure if I will be able to attend. I absolutely want to, but there may be an educational conflict with one of my children. Still trying to work out the schedule.

Great organizer, huh?

Comment

Anyhow.... the Seven is being delivered tomorrow morning:D
                              I was planning to go to Cars and Coffee on Sat if anyone is interested
                              www.morgansegal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X